The story of Enoch in the Bible is short and sweet.
While Enoch lived a long time, one fact stood out when his life was summed up:
Enoch lived sixty-five years, and begot Methuselah. After he begot Methuselah, Enoch walked with God three hundred years, and had sons and daughters. So all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years. And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him (Genesis 5:21-24).”
The writer pointed out twice that Enoch walked with God.
What a thrilling testimony of a life!
Although Noah’s documented story was longer in the Bible than Enoch’s, he also had the testimony of walking with God.
Wouldn’t you like such a testimony when your life is complete?
My prayer for everyone connected with Take Back Your Temple is that we have this testimony: “They walk with God.”
Here are two scriptures from the book of Micah that challenge us to consider with whom we are walking:
- “For all people walk each in the name of his god, But we will walk in the name of the Lord our God Forever and ever (Micah 4:5:).”
- “He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God (Micah 6:8:)?”
With these in mind, here are just a few ways that you can “walk” with God daily:
- Asking Him to help you control your tongue when you are tempted to lash out at someone
- Seeking His wisdom when you face difficult decisions
- Reminding yourself that He is with you when you want to procrastinate on a project
- Knowing that He is sitting with you when you feel uncomfortable emotions
- Receiving the faith to cope with negative emotions without trying to escape from them (anger, frustration, loneliness)
In fact, whenever you experience any tension or pain in your body, take a deep breath and know that God is walking with you through it.
He will see you through to the other side!
When practice the Lord’s presence, even in the ordinary situations of your daily life, Isaiah 26:3 becomes a reality:
You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.”
You’ll find that there is no better traveling companion on your life’s journey than the Father who loves you!
Be blessed in health, healing and wholeness,
Creator of the Take Back Your Temple program
P.S. Each day can be an exciting one as you make decisions that lead you to the person you dream of becoming. Let the Take Back Your Temple program be your guide to reaching your health goals so you can have the strength, energy, and vitality you need to fulfill your God-given purpose.