Imagine for a moment that you transport a person from the year 1010 to today. You walk over to a light switch and turn on the lights.
What would be their reaction? Shock, amazement, fear? They’d probably think you performed a miracle.
I heard a sermon in which the pastor preached about how Jesus multiplied the loaves and fishes to feed 5,000 men. He said we view it as a miracle when in fact Jesus was simply operating a spiritual law God has already put in place for our provision.
Spiritual laws work just as surely as natural laws. Just as we have confidence in the natural law of electricity that operates every time we turn on the lights, so we must have confidence in the spiritual law of God’s word…and that it works every time if we have faith!
God wants us to turn on the light in some dark situations in our lives by speaking his word into them. And we shouldn’t stop with our homes – we should turn on the light on our jobs, in our communities, cities, country, and the world. When the light is on, darkness must flee!
Take a moment to imagine Christians all over the world turning on light switches. How glorious! Jesus is not called the “Light of the World” for nothing.
According to Psalm 119:105, “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”
If you keep dealing with the same drama, temptations, and secret sins over and over, then it is probably because you have been stumbling around in the dark too long! It is time to turn on the light.
Speaking God’s word and applying it allows his will to be done on earth as it is in heaven. Also, reading the bible will help you learn God’s promises, through which you obtain everything you need pertaining to life and godliness (2 Peter 1: 2-4).
Just imagine “turning on” God’s promises in the areas in which you struggle. Just like activating a light switch, you can transfer the confidence you have in the light switch over to God’s word.
Let’s let 2010 be the year you turn on the light of God’s word everywhere you go!
Here are some Christian health declarations to speak daily to encourage yourself. Hover your mouse pointer over each “based on” scripture reference to view the original scripture:
- “For You are my lamp, O LORD; You enlighten my darkness. For by You I can run against a troop; By my God I can leap over a wall. As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the LORD is proven; He is my shield because I trust in Him.” (Based on 2 Samuel 22: 29-31)
- “In all respects, I prosper and am in good health, just as my soul prospers.” (Based on 3 John 1:2 )
- “I operate in love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.” (Based on Galatians 5:22-23)
- “God has satisfied my thirsty soul, and filled my hungry soul with what is good.” (Based on Psalm 107:9)
- “I wait on the Lord and gain new strength; I mount up with wings like eagles, I run and don’t get tired, I walk and don’t become weary.” (Based on Isaiah 40:31 )
- “Heal me, O LORD, and I am healed; Save me, and I am saved, For You are my praise.” (Based on Jeremiah 17:14)
- “Thank you Lord that you have restored health to me and healed me of my wounds.” (Based on Jeremiah 30:17)
- “I praise you Lord for you have brought me health and healing; you have healed me and reveal to me the abundance of peace and truth.” (Based on Jeremiah 33:6)
Be blessed with health, healing, and wholeness,
Creator of the Take Back Your Temple program
P.S. When it comes to weight loss, do you often know what you should do but have a hard time doing it?
I struggled with this issue on my own weight loss journey, but I discovered that “Nothing is different until you think differently.” – Pastor James MacDonald
The value of the Take Back Your Temple program is that you will learn how to think differently through using Biblical keys to overcome obstacles. You’ll discover how to win the Spiritual and mental battle that often causes us to become inconsistent and get off-track on our weight loss journey.
Join a community of like-minded Christians losing weight and keep it off.
Click here to learn more about the Take Back Your Temple program
Thank you for this message. Your words are a constant source of encouragement. They remind me to keep God first in my life.
God is truly moving in my life. My heart and soul overflow with praise for all he has done and continues to do.
I pray God will continue to bless you this year. Thank you again, for sharing your messages they have changed my life.
Happy New Year Kimberly!!
Thank you for a Blessed Word as usual! I pray God’s continued annointing upon you for the coming year and for a lifetime.
Thank you for being a blessing to me!!
Great article…I shared it on my Facebook page. Have you ever thought about starting a Take Back Your Temple page on Facebook? I would love to be able to join and I would tell all my friends to join as well. Hope you have a wonderful New Year!