I love Caller ID. It’s great to see who is calling in advance so you can decide whether you want to take the call or not.
Just as you use Caller ID in the natural to screen phone calls, so you should use “Spiritual Caller ID” to screen your thoughts.
In the natural, some calls are annoying, distracting, or even destructive with phone scams from thieves who try to steal your money.
In the Spiritual, some thoughts are annoying, distracting, or destructive because they come from a thief who wants to steal your life.
John 10:10 says, “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy…”
In the same scripture, Jesus tells you what His own intentions are “…I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”
In John 10:27, Jesus also says:
“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.”
God showed me that too many of us are taking every “call” that comes into our minds.
But we should be selective!
According to the Bible, we should be:
casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,”– 2 Corinthians 10:5
When you accept all of these negative calls, they direct your focus away from your Father’s daily business.
You also can’t get victory on your Christian weight loss journey!
To make this practical, start screening your thoughts throughout the day. As you screen, you will decide to:
- Accept the call
- Reject/Block the call
Thoughts to accept (because it’s the Lord calling):
- Agrees with God’s word
- Bears Spiritual fruit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (see Galatians 5:22-23)
- Meet this criteria: “…whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things (Philippians 4:8).”
- Thoughts that lead to good works (Matthew 5:16)
- Thoughts that correct and teach you a better way (Proverbs 3:12 and Hebrews 12:11)
Thoughts to reject (because it’s Satan/Hell calling):
- Thoughts that attack your identity and value in Christ (the truth is John 3:16 and 1 John 3:1-3)
- Lying thoughts (John 8:44)
- Depressing thoughts (Psalm 42:11 and Psalm 43:5)
- Anxious/doubting thoughts (Philippians 4:6 and James 1:6-8)
- Thoughts that stir up to your flesh (envy, jealousy, sexually immoral, thoughts that lead to strife and contention – see Galatians 5:19-21)
- Unforgiving thoughts (Matthew 6:14-15)
- Condemning thoughts (Romans 8:1)
If you have negative thoughts habitually, then you have a mental stronghold.
Remain diligent in rejecting these thoughts because when you do it long enough, they will transfer to your ‘Call block’ list automatically!
Start using Spiritual Caller ID and you will see things begin to change in your life.
P.S. My whole life changed when I chose to believe that God has power to help me with every problem I have – including my weight problem. I dropped from a size 22 to a size 8!
Faith starts with believing a word from the Lord.
In our program, you’ll learn Spiritual wisdom related to God’s promises for health and strength so you can gain physical, emotional, and spiritual victory every day on your weight loss journey. Check it out!