I love Caller ID. It’s great to see who is calling in advance so you can decide whether you want to take the call or not.
Just as you use Caller ID in the natural to screen phone calls, so you should use “Spiritual Caller ID” to screen your thoughts.
The Call to Screen our Thoughts
In the natural, some calls are annoying, distracting, or even destructive with phone scams from thieves who try to steal your money.
In the Spiritual, some thoughts are annoying, distracting, or destructive because they come from the ultimate thief who wants to steal your life.
John 10:10 says, “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy…”
In the same scripture, Jesus tells you what His intentions are “…I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”
Jesus’ plans for us are better than any we have for ourselves!
In John 10:27, Jesus also says:
“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.”
God showed me that too many of us are taking every “call” that comes into our minds! According to the Bible however, we should be:
casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,”
– 2 Corinthians 10:5
When you accept all of these negative calls, they distract you from your Father’s daily business.
You also can’t get the victory on your Christian weight loss journey!
To make this principle practical, the following article gives you guidance on how to start screening your thoughts throughout the day.
As you screen, you will decide which calls to:
Calls to Accept (The Lord Calling)
Allow this scripture to elevate the importance of hearing and heeding God’s voice:
However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
– John 16:13
The Lord gave us the gift of the Holy Spirit to speak to us. Not only that, but He speaks to us from knowledge of the future!
Did you get that?
We ignore the Lord’s voice at our peril because He has future knowledge to give us in the present. In that way, we make the best decisions to change our future for the better.
Here are the thoughts to accept because it’s the Lord calling. They are thoughts that:
- Agrees with God’s word
- Bears Spiritual fruit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (see Galatians 5:22-23)
- Meet this criteria: “…whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things (Philippians 4:8).”
- Thoughts that lead to good works (Matthew 5:16)
- Thoughts that correct and teach you a better way (Proverbs 3:12 and Hebrews 12:11)
Thoughts to Reject/Block (The Enemy Calling):
In contrast, because these are thoughts that will either steal, kill, or destroy, these are thoughts to reject:
- Thoughts that attack your identity and value in Christ (the truth is John 3:16 and 1 John 3:1-3)
- Lying thoughts (John 8:44)
- Depressing thoughts (Psalm 42:11 and Psalm 43:5)
- Anxious/doubting thoughts (Philippians 4:6 and James 1:6-8)
- Thoughts that stir up to your flesh (envy, jealousy, sexually immoral, thoughts that lead to strife and contention – see Galatians 5:19-21)
- Unforgiving thoughts (Matthew 6:14-15)
- Condemning thoughts (Romans 8:1)
If you have negative thoughts habitually, then you have a mental stronghold.
Remain diligent in rejecting these thoughts because when you do it long enough, they will transfer to your ‘Call block’ list automatically!
Start using Spiritual Caller ID and you will see things begin to change in your life.
Author of the Take Back Your Temple program
P.S. Are you struggling with the challenges of emotional weight gain? Many people with emotional eating issues know what to do but have a hard time doing it. That is where you need positive support.
In the Take Back Your Temple program, you will get all the support you need to overcome the Spiritual and emotional battles of weight loss, connected in an encouraging Christian community.