When I was just 12 years-old, I started calling myself “fat.” Back then, I had no idea about the power words contain.
As I started calling myself “fat,” I started practicing habits that were consistent with “fat.” Soon, I had excess fat on my body. It was a self-fulfilling prophecy.
During my weight loss journey, an important lesson I had to learn was to change my confession. The word “confess” means “to say the same.”
Think about that for a moment; the words you are saying are either in agreement with what the world says or with what God says.
Which one do you believe and say the most?
I had to learn “to say the same” thing that God was saying! In most cases, what I was saying about myself was the opposite of what He was saying.
Hebrews 11:3 says,
By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.”
Since God’s word created this world, then doesn’t it make sense to frame your personal world by His word too?
A TBYT reader named Jo Cornelison shared some powerful faith confessions on her Splatter my Canvas page. I believe these confessions can change your world once you come into agreement with God.
These confessions were created by Don Gossett and taken from His book “The Power of your Words.” Click here to also download a FREE PDF copy of these confessions.
You can print this to tape on your bathroom mirror (I did) or you can fold it in half to keep with you (be sure to print it in Landscape format).
I recommend you speak these out loud. Feel the power and encouragement of God’s word!
My Never Again List
- Never again will I confess “I can’t” for “I can do all things thru Christ which strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
- Never again will I confess lack, for “My God shall supply all my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
- Never again will I confess fear, for “God has not given me the spirit of fear, but of power, and love, and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7
- Never again will I confess doubt and lack of faith, for “God has given to every man the measure of faith.” Romans 12:3
- Never again will I confess weakness, for “The Lord is the strength of my life” Psalm 27:1
- Never again will I confess supremacy of satan over my life, for “Greater is He that is within me than he that is in the world.” 1 John 4:4
- Never again will I confess defeat, for “God always causes me to triumph in Christ Jesus.” 2 Corinthians 2:14
- Never again will I confess lack of wisdom, for “Jesus Christ is made unto me wisdom from God.”1 Corinthians 1:30
- Never again will I confess sickness, for “by His stripes I am healed.” Isaiah 53:5
- Never again will I confess worries and frustrations, for I am “Casting all my cares upon Him who cares for me” 1 Peter 5:7
- Never again will I confess bondage, for “Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.” 2 Corinthians 3:17
- Never again will I confess condemnation for, “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus” Romans 8:1
- Never again will I confess loneliness. Jesus said, “Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” Matthew 28:20 and “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” Hebrews 13:5
- Never again will I confess curses and bad luck for, “Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us; that the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles thru Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit thru faith.” Galatians 3:13-14
- Never again will I confess discontent because “I have learned, in whatever state (circumstance) I am, therewith to be content.” Philippians 4:11
- Never again will I confess unworthiness because “He has made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.” 2 Corinthians 5:21
- Never again will I confess confusion because “God is not the author of confusion, but of peace.” 1 Corinthians 14:33 and “We have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God, that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.” 1 Corinthians 2:12
- Never again will I confess persecution, for “If God be for me, who can be against me?” Romans 8:31
- Never again will I confess the dominion of sin over my life because “The law of the Spirit of the life in Jesus Christ has made me free from the law of sin and death.” Romans 8:2, and “As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.” Psalms 103:12
- Never again will I confess insecurity because “When I lie down I will not be afraid; yes I will lie down and sleep will be sweet, for the Lord is my confidence and will keep my foot from being taken.” Proverbs 3:24-26
- Never again will I confess failure because “Nay, in all there things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.” Romans 8:37
- Never again will I confess frustration, for “Thou will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee; because he trusts in thee.” Isaiah 26:3
- Never again will I confess fear of the future, “But as it is written, my eye has not seen or ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which Gad has prepared for them that love Him, but God has revealed them unto us by His Spirit.” 1 Corinthians 2:9-10
- Never again will I confess troubles because Jesus said “In the world you will have tribulation; BUT be of GOOD CHEER, I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD!” John 16:33
Be blessed in health, healing, and wholeness,
Author of the ‘Take Back Your Temple’ program
P.S. Are you ready to grow stronger Spiritually and heal emotionally as you achieve your ideal weight? Let the Take Back Your Temple program be your plan.God’s way is change from the inside out and once you are changed His way, you are never the same!