If you are having difficulty releasing excess weight, consider the word ”restoration.” Your body may be in healing mode!
When your body is under restoration, it may prioritize internal systems repair plus balance to heal, energize, and nourish itself.
Your job is to support the restoration process in your Christian weight loss goals, knowing that your body will reach its ideal size in due season as you do your part every day.
Consider your body as a temple under restoration, not a temple condemned!
Body Recovery Issues
Here are some issues your body may be experiencing now or recovering from.
1. Nutritional Starvation: If you eat a diet that favors processed foods and sweets but provides little nourishment for your body, then your body lacks key nutrients necessary to keep itself in M.I.N.T condition.
Your body will prioritize building itself up nutritionally to support critical functions once you give it the proper building materials with which to work:
- Metabolism – Your body’s energy factory, which converts the food you eat into energy for you to minister, work, exercise, parent, etc.
- Immune Function – Your body’s defense department, which fights against sickness and disease
- Nerve Strength – Your body’s communication network, which enables your brain to communicate with your body
- Tissue Growth and Repair – Your body’s repair crew, which builds muscles and heals damaged tissue
2. Sleep Deprivation: This happens if you habitually get less than 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
3. Stress Captivation: This happens if you are either putting unnecessary performance pressure on yourself or life circumstances are stressing you out.
You must address all 3 issues with care every day. Remember, these issues are about restoration, not condemnation.
Review Psalm 23 when stressed. We are meant to live in peace with the Lord as our Shepherd. I don’t believe the Lord meant for us to live in a pressure cooker.
He restores our soul.
Are you recovering from or experiencing nutritional starvation, sleep deprivation, or stress captivation?
Restoration projects are hard work! Some old things must come out while new things are brought in and arranged properly.
But isn’t it wonderful to see the finished work? Whatever steps you take each day, they add up over time.
Roll up your sleeves. It’s Restoration Time!
Be blessed in health, healing and wholeness,
Author of the Take Back Your Temple program
P.S. Do you struggle with eating too much sugar? If so, you are not alone!
Overcoming sugar addiction was a key factor on my journey to losing 85 pounds and dropping from a size 22 to a size 8.
In our 14-day Sugar Detox Challenge (inside the the Take Back Your Temple program), you’ll get the same success strategies and support to gain peace in your eating habits and achieve lasting weight loss success.